|Location||Bayan Lepas, Malaysia|
|Date Posted||February 9, 2018|
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Regional Category Manager. The primary responsibility of this position is to define and execute sourcing strategies and inbound supply chain concepts according to business requirements to ensure flexible, sustainable and reliable inbound supply chain processes in the region. This job requires close cooperation with the whole Category Team in Globally Procurement Organization to maximize Agilent’s buying power and leverage as much as possible standard, worldwide processes.
• Business Management: Executes Business Strategy for the Region. Directs and ensures the procurement of direct materials to meet or exceed business plans, objectives and support requirements, including Quality, Delivery, Cost and NPI support.
• Strategic Cost Management: Accountable for Regional and WW Category savings target. Manages Procurement activities associated with Supply Chain optimization with Total Cost Ownership (TCO). Builds ‘funnel’ by identifying regional projects.
• Supplier Management: Establishes and maintains supplier relations. Provides leadership in working with internal partners to select worldwide best technologies, parts and suppliers to meet or exceed business needs, including supplier categorization, supplier risk management, supplier ESR management, and supplier performance management with TQRDCE.
• Category Management: Develops and implements category strategies and project plans that aligns with Global Category Strategy or business requirements. Manages the assurance of supply for assigned categories or projects.
• Contracting & negotiating: Recognized expert on negotiating and developing contractual agreements.
• Champions the development of analytical tools and predictive models. Originates action, makes decisions from broad objectives and concepts. Solves a broad range of problems varying in scope and complexity. Implements complex processes requiring innovation and insight. Expert Negotiator.
• Leads development projects requiring coordination with other functions, entities and suppliers. Works with Supply Managers and procurement engineers to ensure Category Strategy is inclusive of both current and future issues and directions.
• Act as SPOC for the local sites for both OF/Procurement and R&D (may via NPS).
• Conducts all business activities in accordance with Agilent’s Standard of Business Conduct.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferably in Business Administration, Business Engineering, Business Science or equivalent work experience
• Knowledge of leading edge procurement practices, commodity strategies, terms and negotiation concepts and business law
• Knowledge of financial and analytical skills/tools to determine total cost, evaluate suppliers and suggest improvements in procurement processes (statistics, cost accounting, computer spreadsheets, flow charting, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to work independently to achieve desired results from general objectives
• Effective written and communication skills for the procurement environment
• Strong interpersonal skills to represent Agilent to suppliers and relate to peers/ managers/ internal partners
• Demonstrated leadership and ability to effectively manage projects
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability