|Location||Bayan Lepas, Malaysia|
|Date Posted||February 9, 2018|
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
We are looking for someone with a strong understanding of payroll and statutory compliances. If you are a dynamic person with a keen eye for detail, have high integrity, proactive and able to rise to the challenges, you will want to be a part of our team!
Key duties will include managing the payroll vendor, ensuring payroll compliance with current government regulations (federal, state, and foreign tax authorities), auditing payroll processes and tax filings, developing and maintaining written departmental policies and procedures, and enforcing adherence to payroll policies and internal controls.
• Ensure all payroll activities are executed timely and accurately including filing of monthly, quarterly and annual regulatory reports.
• Ensure all payroll results and processes are compliant with company policies and statutory requirement such as local tax regulations, Sarbanes-Oxley policies, and employee data privacy rules.
• Complies with federal, state, and international localized legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; provide recommendation to management on needed actions.
• Exploring opportunities to simplify and automate payroll processes to ensure maximum cost-efficiency and effectiveness.
• Ensure policies and procedures are flawlessly administered and new processes are thoroughly documented.
• Responsible for relationships with other departments, external auditors, and payroll vendor.
• Responsible for all day-to-day payroll administrative functions and collaboration with payroll vendor to ensure Service Level Agreement are met.
• Support internal and external audits ensuring deadlines are met and each request is responded to with a timely and accurate response. Ensure appropriate internal controls, approval and validation checks are in place for the payroll processes.
• Coordinate and perform troubleshooting and investigation of payroll issue/problems and taking appropriate corrective actions.
• Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Business Admin and/or Finance.
• Minimum of 2 years of Payroll operations knowledge, with 2 to 4 years practical experience in HR/Payroll; regional HR/payroll experience in a multinational environment is preferred.
• A team player with pleasant personality, good attitude and the ability to work independently.
• Strong understanding of statutory requirements.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Mandarin.
• Solid understanding of Microsoft Excel functionalities and formulas.
• Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
• Sense of commitment and urgency to meet tight deadlines.
• Project management experience.