|at Western Union|
|Location||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Date Posted||January 9, 2018|
Admin/Human Resources Jobs
We're seeking an AML Compliance Manager in our Malaysian office.Under general supervision from AML Director for Southeast Asia, this position supports the development, implementation and enforcement of policies, procedures, and programs designed to minimize potential money laundering risk for Western Union and its affiliates, within the established strategies of the AML Compliance Department.
The AML Compliance Manager is responsible in consolidating all regulations relevant to the offering of WU products and services in Southeast Asia and in ensuring that regulatory compliance and AML requirements are met and risks are mitigated. He/she will represent the team in compliance projects, coordinate with internal stakeholders and report to the AML Director and AML Compliance Management all matters for action and/or attention.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Coordinate Agent oversight activities for the region
- Ensure implementation of the global AO standards in the region
- Highlight and recommend strategies for departments / areas perceived as high risk
- Manage the compliance for new products in terms of policies and procedures and risk management
- Develop KPIs and performance dashboards
- Minimum of 5 years working experience that include several years of experience in any of the following: anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing compliance, general compliance and/or risk based compliance, Auditing and Consultancy
- Understanding of anti-money laundering regulations within the banking/financial services industry
- Proven experience working in a multi-national organization
- Proven track record of moderately complex problem solving and decision-making ability
- Strong project management skills, ability to coordinate global projects with diverse participation
- Effective leader and team player
- Strong analytical skills, able to analyze root causes of AML compliance risk issues
- Written and spoken fluency in English is essential for this role
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time as required
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive global pay and benefits
- Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
- Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].