|at DoubleTree by Hilton|
|Location||Batu Ferringhi, Malaysia|
|Date Posted||November 30, 2017|
Admin/Human Resources Jobs
What will I be doing?
As Duty Engineer, you will support the Engineering Manager to ensure that engineering and maintenance operations within the hotel, You are also responsible for the development of the Engineering Team and staying abreast of compliance regulations and procedures in the field of Engineering, as required for hotel standards. Specifically, a Duty Manager will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Monitor and ensure the preventative maintenance of equipment is effectively carried out and all checklists are updated.
- Monitor and supervise to ensure all planned work schedules carried out during their shift.
- Responsible for receiving operator log reports from subordinates, act upon it if problem arises and forward to Assistant Engineering Manager for further action and follow-up.
- Monitor, follow up, supervise and update contractor's work progress, E - log issues, breakdown report and information/follow up in the daily Engineering shift report and report to Engineering Manager and Assistant Engineering Manager.
- Monitor, follow up, supervise and update all the system function and operation undertaken by Engineering Department.
- Possess general knowledge and basic know how on general repairs, fabrication, installations, operation and preventive with regards to electrical, mechanical, air-conditioning, fire protection, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, painting, kitchen equipment, sound system and MATV system, sewage plants etc.
- Responsible on any matters related to electrical in terms of system function, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs and breakdown.
- Manage, update and monitor the electrical section spare parts / supplies stock control, inventory, ordering and budget control.
- Monitor and supervise to ensure that all work carried out follows all safety rules and regulation as per Hilton standard.
- Monitor and supervise to ensure and follow all other instruction / rules and regulations that were issued by the department.
- Carry out any other related task assigned by the hotel / company on ad-hoc basis.
What are we looking for?
An Engineer/Technician serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- A certificate in a specialized field such as Electrical, Mechanical, Refrigeration, Carpentry, or Plumbing, required
- Current working knowledge of general maintenance and engineering work
- Experience in the Maintenance Department of a large hotel, hospital, ship, and/or restaurant complex or similar
- Strong work ethic
- A passion for delivering great customer service
- Ability to work without close supervision and within established timeframes
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!