|at DoubleTree by Hilton|
|Location||Batu Ferringhi, Malaysia|
|Date Posted||November 30, 2017|
Admin/Human Resources Jobs
A Banquet and Conference Manager is responsible for managing all Conference and Banquet floor operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while optimising sales and ensuring department targets are met.
What will I be doing?
As a Banquet and Conference Manager, you will be responsible for managing all Conference and Banquet floor operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Conference and Banquet Floor Manager will also be required to optimise sales and provide leadership to the team to ensure targets are met. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all Conference and Banqueting floor operations
- Maintain exceptional levels of customer service
- Ensure compliance of brand standards
- Evaluate guest satisfaction levels with a focus on continuous improvement
- Awareness of trends and propose ideas to build the range and quality of Conference and Banquet
- Optimise sales and contain costs, identifying any areas for action
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers
- Ensure staffing levels cover business demands
- Ensure that training is carried out on an ongoing basis
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Front Office team
- Assist other departments wherever necessary
What are we looking for?
A Banquet and Conference Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Strong knowledge of hotel/leisure/service sector
- Record of success in Conference and Beverage, specifically the ability to deliver profit, control costs, and build customer loyalty
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional leadership skills to create a winning team
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Conference and Banquet Operations experience in a managerial position in hotel/Events Centre or similar
- Degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!