|Location||Batu Ferringhi, Malaysia|
|Date Posted||October 31, 2017|
An Assistant Sales Manager-Conference & Events supports the Sales Team through analysis and reporting of results and trends, recommends sales approaches to expand and add business, and develops the skills and culture of the Sales Team Members.
What will I be doing?
As Assistant Sales Manager- Conference & Events, you will be responsible for working closely with the Sales Team to analyse market trends, report results and develop a Sales Team to execute the selling strategy and achieve business objectives. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Possess knowledge of hotel general facilities, outlet and meeting room capacities, audio visual and any other details related to hotel product knowledge.
Possess knowledge and awareness of the local market and competition.
Possess computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to learn new computer systems such as Delphi.
Possess key skills for a sales person, including good listening and communication skills, ability to build relationship with and gain trust from other people, ability to empathize and understand others, negotiation skills to influence others and to close a sale, and remain professionally groomed at all times, and be able to coach and direct other Team Members to do the same.
Able to present information logically and confidently verbally and in written form.
Able to display commercial awareness, and continuously deliver the best revenue and profit outcomes for the hotel.
Ability to achieve set goals and revenue targets. A concern for working towards a common goal and committing to excel in attaining all key business objectives.
Ability to prioritize and manage own personal time efficiently within tight schedules. Look ahead and make forecasts concerning market trends to set demanding but realistic targets himself/herself.
Ability to deliver high levels of customer service by focusing on the needs of client, exceeding their expectations, and sensibly resolve problems should they arise.
Ability to network, build and maintain friendly contacts with people who can impact business positively and help achieve work related goals.
Ability to do more than is required or expected in the job to improve results, find new opportunities, exceed in achievement of business objectives and avoid problems through proactively anticipating them.
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Sales Manager-Conference & Events serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure and under own initiative
- Previous experience in sales role with the ability to close a sale
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of local market
- Strong leadership skills, whereas it is evident that you can effectively manage and motivate a team to perform beyond expectations
- Strong analytical skills so to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Business degree, or any relevant qualification, would be advantageous
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!