|at DoubleTree by Hilton|
|Location||Batu Ferringhi, Malaysia|
|Date Posted||November 30, 2017|
Admin/Human Resources Jobs
An Assistant Chief Steward is responsible for supervising the Stewards to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while supporting the overall operations.
What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Chief Steward, you are responsible for supervising the Stewards and supporting the team members to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. Assistant Chief Steward will also be required to coordinate other responsibilities, make certain Back of House areas are maintained, and ensure that health and safety are top priorities. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Supervise the Stewards ensuring high standards
- Support the Team Members in training and development
- Coordinate the daily pot-wash and dish wash responsibilities
- Ensure Back of House areas are maintained to the highest cleanliness standards and cleaning schedules are followed and completed
- Observe Health, Hygiene and Safety guidelines when handling hazardous substances and comply with all aspects of Health and Safety requirements
- Report faults, misused or damaged equipment issues to the Managers, Executive Chef, and/or Chief Engineering
- Ensure the correct PPE is in place and guidelines are adhered to
- Ensure machinery is operated properly, efficiently, safely and in accordance with the hotel's Health and Safety Manual
- Assist in the location, movement and storage of operational equipment
- Assist in the stock take of equipment and other items as required
- Ensure team members adhere to all Health and Safety and Hygiene Regulations
- Carry out any other reasonable task set by the Hotel's Management
What are we looking for?
Assistant Chief Steward serving Hilton Brand hotels is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on their own or in teams
- Flexibility to respond to a range of various work situations
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Previous experience of supervisory role
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!